Twitter has relaunched its Twitter For Business microsite. The site was built to get you to use Twitter advertising, but I’m extremely impressed with the quality and quantity of helpful information that the microsite provides for small businesses.
In my opinion, Twitter For Business blows away anything that Facebook or Google did when their advertising services were in their infancies.
A Very Good Place to Start
The microsite is divided into six sections. Twitter wisely includes Twitter basics.
Then there’s a section titled Build Your Community, which currently includes these articles:
• Make the right impression with your profile
• Engage and delight your audience
• Attract followers
• Teach your employees all about Twitter
• Take your business to the next level with Twitter Ads
The Marketing With Twitter section includes:
• Target with precision to connect with the right people
• Find out more about who’s on Twitter and how to reach them
• Understand your results with analytics
• Integrate your marketing efforts with Twitter buttons and embedded Tweets
• Scale your efforts to maximize your impact
• Get results with successful promotional tactics and strategies
Twitter #Success Stories
The “Success Stories” section really shines. It includes this video, “What Can Your Business Do In Just 140 Characters.”
…and you can dig deeper, using a filter that will help you search for success stories by industry, tactic, product, goal, and company size.
The Twitter for Business blog also looks like a winner, and I’ve added it to my RSS feed.
Of course, Twitter gives you this information in the hope that you will advertise on Twitter. Again, their Ad Products page is easy to understand and beautifully designed.
A Model Ecommerce Site
Even if you never use Twitter, you could use the Twitter microsite as a model for how to design, organize, and construct an e-commerce website.
Ultimately, Twitter For Business succeeded with me: I’d never thought about using Twitter advertising before, but now I’m seriously considering at least a test.