Several months ago, at the encouragement of a good friend and fellow solopreneur, I read the UnCollege manifesto, written by Dale J. Stephens. If I could recommend only thing for you to read, it would be the UnCollege manifesto.
Today I re-read the manifesto, and I want to share this list from it.
12 Steps to Self-Directed Lifelong Learning
1. Always carry a book, pen, and paper
2. Teach others
3. Keep a to-learn list
4. Start something — a Web site, company, organization, movement
5. Find and be a mentor
6. Set your homepage to Wikipedia:random
7. Live abroad and learn a new language
8. Surround yourself with people who are smarter than you
9. Think, write, and publish your ideas
10. Always ask “Why?”
11. Practice unlearning to challenge your views
12. Become an expert